Nearly 4 million hectares of land in Estonia are called hunting land, which in turn is divided into more than 320 hunting areas. There are more than 15,000 hunters, both men and women, in Estonia. These people, in turn, are united into about 100 organizations. The Estonian Hunters ‘Association (EJS) is an umbrella organization uniting various hunters’ associations in Estonia.
The laws permitting the killing of wild animals are as follows:
- Hunting Act https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/JahiS
- Forest Act https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/129062018033
- Nature Conservation Act https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/13342186?leiaKehtiv
- Weapons Act https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/127122010009?leiaKehtiv
- Hunting rules https://www.riigiteataja.ee/akt/129052013051?leiaKehtiv